Calls to and from the surgery are recorded and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and the Data Protection Act 2018, calls are recorded for monitoring, training and dispute resolution purposes.
The purpose of call recording is to provide an exact record of the call which will:
- Protect the interests of both parties;
- Help improve Practice performance and best practice;
- Help protect Practice staff from abusive or nuisance calls;
- Establish the facts in the event of a complaint either by a patient or a member of staff and so assist in re-solving it;
- Establish the facts and assist in the resolution of any medi-co-legal claims made against the practice or it clinicians;
- A call recording may also be used as evidence in the event that an employee’s telephone conduct is deemed unacceptable. In this situation the recording will be made available to the employee’s manager, to be investigated as per the Practice Disciplinary Policy
For further information please contact the surgery.
Coronavirus COVID-19 Privacy Notice
Click here for our COVID-19 Privacy Notice
Data Protection Privacy Notice for Patients
This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any information that we may collect from you or about you from other organisations.
This privacy notice applies to personal information processed by or on behalf of the practice.
This Notice explains
- Who we are and how we use your information
- Information about our Data Protection Officer
- What kinds of personal information about you we hold and use (process)
- The legal grounds for our processing of your personal information (including when we share it with others)
- What should you do if your personal information changes?
- For how long your personal information is retained / stored by us?
- What are your rights under Data Protection laws
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) became law on 25th May 2018. The GDPR is a single EU-wide regulation on the protection of confidential and sensitive (special) information, the DPA 2018 deals with elements of UK law that differ from the European Regulation, both came into force in the UK on the 25th May 2018, repealing the previous Data Protection Act (1998).
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation (including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (the "GDPR"), and the Data Protection Act 2018 the practice responsible for your personal data is West Common Lane Teaching Practice.
This Notice describes how we collect, use and process your personal data, and how in doing so, we comply with our legal obligations to you. Your privacy is important to us, and we are committed to protecting and safeguarding your data privacy rights.
Please click here for our GDPR Privacy Notice (PDF, 356KB)
Please click here for our Children's Privacy Notice
Please click here for our GDPR Poster
The Practice has produced the following document detailing the practice safeguarding notice.
Please click here for our safeguarding notice
The Practice has also produced the following document to inform patients ‘How we use your information’.
Please click here for our how we use your information leaflet
Please click here to view our registration certificate for the ICO
The Yorkshire & Humber Care Record
The Yorkshire & Humber Care Record is a shared system that allows Healthcare staff within the Humber, Coast and Vale Health and Social Care community to appropriately access the most up-to-date and correct information about patients, to deliver the best possible care.
The Yorkshire & Humber Care Record Guarantee is our commitment that we will use records about you in ways that respect your rights and promote your health and wellbeing.
If you would like any further information, or would like to discuss this further, please contact us using the details provided below (contact details of your DPO/Caldicott Guardian as already outlined in your Privacy Notice).
Postal: PCIG Consulting Limited
7 Westacre Drive
Please click here for the Frequently Asked Questions on this shared system